Have you set any resolutions for 2017?
I’m not sure whether it’s just because it’s a bank holiday, or whether everyone’s ditched the get fit / lose weight resolutions this year, but this morning I was the only person to turn up to my spin class. On January 2nd.
I previously wrote myself a list (on my birthday) of new things I wanted to do over that year, and I found it really useful to look back on and make sure I was spending my time actually doing what I wanted to do, or working towards where I wanted to be. I’ve decided to write a similar list for 2017 but expand it a bit. My list can include various goals or things I want to do over the next year, from basic things to try that may seem mundane to someone else or huge goals; I suppose it’s more of a wish list for what I want from 2017 really. Also, I’m not putting pressure on myself to complete or achieve everything on my list, I can’t do everything and this list is meant to guide / inspire me, not add undue stress!
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far.
Goals for 2017:
- Be able to do a full pull up. (I should have the strength to do this already, but my arms just seem to lock whenever I try!)
- Learn how to use ‘the rig’ at the gym.
- Go to a boxing class.
- Visit at least one new country.
- Make gluten free pasta from scratch.
- Post a blog once per week.
- Complete the 2017 reading challenge
- Go to the Manchester Fringe.
- Visit Scotland
- Make a piece of clothing (and wear it)
- Play Skyrim
- Play Ticket to Ride
What’ve you got in mind for 2017?